Young 5’s – 2nd Grade
- Watch the video of Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? below.
- Come up with other animals/objects that could be included in the book. For example, I could sing, “Yellow flower, yellow flower, what do you see? I see a hummingbird looking at me.”
- Share a video of yourself singing along with this story or another story. You can email Mrs. Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watch the video of Dan the Taxi Man below.
- Can you think of a new character that Dan could pick up?
- For example, “Here come’s Tim with his violin!”
- Bonus points if you can create the sound the instrument would make.
- Share a video of yourself telling about the character you created. You can email Mrs. Collins at email@example.com
More Activities for All
Check-in on Flipgrid
All band students: Please visit your Flipgrid class (link below) and record a short video saying ‘hi’. In the next few weeks, this will be the platform I use to share new assignments.
- 6th Grade: https://flipgrid.com/northvillec6band
- 7th/8th Grade: https://flipgrid.com/northvillec78band
Your username is the first letter of your first name + your last name, with the first two letters capitalized.
For example: Billy Bob would be BBob, Old McDonald would be OMcDonald
Band for 2020-2021
Current 5th graders … this is for you. Click the image below for information about joining the band next year.
- Practice singing from your diaphragm (part 1) with Eric Arceneaux
- HARMONY CHECK with arpeggios. Go as fast or as slow as you would like.
- Find one song that expresses how you were feeling last week and share it with your family and share it with your teacher.
- Watch “You Are Not Alone”
Contact Ms. Gibson for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some musical read-alouds and songs with Mrs. Collins. Visit her link above for more.